Your Dental Veneers Dentist in Huntington
Our teeth can experience a great deal of wear and tear. The foods we eat, the things we drink, the sports we play, and even how much we talk can impact the shapes of our teeth. Clearly, quite a bit of what we do in our day-to-day lives involves our teeth. It’s therefore understandable that teeth can gather up little nicks and discoloration.
Many cosmetic dental treatments operate on a small scale; working to correct little discrepancies in the appearance of teeth. While these spot treatments work well, there are other cosmetic solutions, such as porcelain dental veneers available at our Huntington dentist office.
What Are Dental Veneers?
Porcelain veneers, also called dental veneers, are thin layers of tooth-colored material that are bonded to the fronts of teeth. They can alter the shape, color, and size of teeth. Teeth veneers solve the problem of continuous cosmetic repair jobs because they protect teeth as much as they enhance their appearance.
Benefits of Dental Veneers
Teeth veneers have many different benefits, including:
- Natural Appearance: The color of the veneers can be matched perfectly to the existing shade of white of your teeth. No one will be able to tell that your teeth have been altered; they’ll simply see a brilliant, natural smile.
- Uniformity: If you have discolored teeth or teeth that are misshapen, preventing your smile from appearing beautifully even, dental veneers can fix that. Applying porcelain veneers will reshape problem teeth and add to your unique smile.
- Stain and Chip Resistance: Porcelain veneers are adaptable and stain-resistant. They will strengthen the natural surfaces of your teeth and protect them by acting as a shield against foods that could chip or stain your teeth.
Veneers for teeth can add these benefits to your smile, so you can love your smile again!
Who is a Candidate for Dental Veneers?
You may be a good candidate for porcelain dental veneers if:
- Your teeth are stained
- Your teeth are misshapen or crooked
- You have gapped teeth
- You have cracks or chips in your teeth
- You have sufficient tooth enamel
- You oral health is in good shape
Applying traditional teeth veneers requires removing a portion of enamel to make space for the veneer to bond to the tooth. The process for doing so is lengthy, though many patients feel it is worth it after they see the results.
If you’re not sure you have the time or interest in an involved procedure like porcelain veneer placement, we offer prepless veneers at Robert Matlach Dental. These dental veneers can be placed directly over your teeth without any preparation or lengthy procedure, so you can begin enjoying your new smile immediately!
Contact Robert Matlach Dental for Your New Smile!
Contact us at our Huntington office today with any questions about traditional porcelain veneers or prepless veneers if you are in the area, including Halesite and Centerport. We look forward to helping you achieve a beautifully strong, uniform smile that you love!