Fix Broken or Cracked Teeth in Huntington NY
Whether by personal choices, genetics, or circumstances, many patients experience the need for restorative dentistry at some point or other.
It’s not too surprising when you think about how much we use and rely on our teeth on a daily basis. From social functions to meals, our teeth are called on to look nice and function properly.
That’s difficult to do when teeth are suffering from diseases or blemishes. Thanks to restorative dentistry, patients won’t have to worry about looking and feeling their best when it comes to their smiles.
Outstanding professional treatment by Dr. Matlach, Alicia and all the staff. Thank you!
What Is Restorative Dentistry?
Restorative dentistry is the diagnosis and treatment of oral health conditions that affect your ability to chew and speak properly. There are a number of dental treatments that comprise restorative dentistry, all of which we are happy to offer to our patients.
At Robert Matlach Dental in Huntington NY, we treat patients with missing teeth, a cracked tooth, a broken tooth, decay, and tooth infections in order to restore your teeth and your oral health.
Benefits of Restorative Dentistry
Depending on the work you need done, restorative dentistry can do a lot of incredible things.
If you have a cavity or a cracked tooth, restorative dentistry can fix it. You can have tooth-colored material applied to your tooth so that it will look as though it has never been damaged. This type of restoration can boost your confidence and protect your tooth from further damage.
Missing teeth are a primary concern in restorative dentistry. That gap in your smile can lead to bone recession as well as uneven wear to the rest of your teeth. We can help you fill in the gaps to restore the full function of your bite and prevent damage to your remaining teeth. Depending on the tooth replacement option you choose, we can even prevent further bone recession.
A broken tooth can be restored and strengthened with a dental crown. This means that we can save your natural tooth instead of extracting it!
As for tooth-saving procedures, we also offer root canal therapy. This procedure helps us clear out an infection that is plaguing your mouth— without extracting the tooth.
Restorative Dentistry at Robert Matlach Dental
Robert Matlach Dental offers the following types of restorative dental treatments:
- Dental Fillings: Dental fillings can be used to fix a cracked tooth or restore a tooth with a small cavity.
- Tooth Inlays and Onlays: These restorations are used for teeth that need more extensive restoration than a filling can provide.
- Dental Crowns: Tooth crowns protect a badly damaged or broken tooth, enabling us to save it from extraction. Dental crowns can also be used to fully replace missing teeth or complete root canal therapy.
Click here to learn more about dental crowns.
- Dental Bridges: A dental bridge replaces missing teeth by filling in the gap in your smile. You can enjoy the restored function of your mouth with this option.
Click here to learn more about dental bridges.
- Dentures: Full sets of dentures allow patients with few to no teeth regain the ability to converse and eat normally again.
Click here to learn more about dentures
- Dental Implants: These titanium posts are inserted into your jaw to provide very secure tooth replacements. Whether you need a tooth crown or a set of dentures placed on afterward, you will enjoy stability and improved oral health with dental implants.
Click here to learn more about dental implants.
- Root Canal Therapy: When a tooth becomes badly infected, root canal therapy can save the structure of the tooth while removing the infected areas.
Click here to learn more about root canals.
- Tooth Extractions: Sometimes teeth just need to be removed. Robert Matlach Dental offers tooth extractions when that is the best option for protecting your oral health. When you need a tooth extraction, we will also talk to you about tooth replacement options, so you do not have to suffer the pain of missing teeth for long.
Click here to learn more about wisdom tooth removal.
From cases of minor decay to missing teeth, we are ready to help you restore your oral health today!
Choose Robert Matlach Dental for Your Restorative Procedure!
We offer an array of options to protect your oral health, and we want you to be comfortable while we help you. Whatever procedure you need, we can offer you pillows, blankets, and laughing gas during your time here.
Call today to get started on a treatment plan that will help you chew and speak comfortably again! We work with patients from all over the Huntington NY area, including Centerport and Halesite!