At Robert Matlach Dental in Huntington NY, we want the best possible dental health for all of our patients. That means regular checkups at our office, but there’s plenty you can do at home, too.
- Do remember you are just clearing the plaque away before it turns to tartar. A gentle toothbrushing at the correct angle can gently clean the bacteria away. Once plaque has progressed into tartar, no measure of scrubbing at home can safely remove it. Don’t vigorously scrub your teeth and gums until your gums loosen and expose parts of your tooth you don’t want exposed.
- Do remember your gums need to be cared for. Thorough brushing and daily flossing can keep your gums healthy and strong. Don’t wait to see your dental professional about sore or bleeding gums, tooth pain or mouth sores.
- Do establish a routine for brushing and flossing that leaves sufficient time to spend a full two minutes delicately cleaning all the nooks and crannies of your mouth. Don’t forget to have a new floss package ready to use when your current one runs out. Waiting days to get to the store for more can disrupt a key routine.
- Do schedule twice-yearly dental checkups with us. Don’t worry if you don’t have the healthiest of mouths. We can help you get back on track. Whether you’re looking for cosmetic dentistry, dental implants, or sedation dentistry, we can restore what has been lost or counsel with you on the best options.
- Do enjoy your mouth and all the wonders it is capable of. Don’t put off coming in to find out what we can do to improve your smile!
At Robert Matlach Dental in Huntington NY, we are committed to excellence in dentistry. Patients from North Bay, East Smithtown, and South Melville come to our practice for general and restorative dentistry. Contact us today!
Contact Matlach Dental:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):